My wife and I have been running a house cleaning company for a few years now, we've got around half a dozen part time employees as of the time of this writing. In the last 12 months we've had several employees file, or attempt to file, for unemployment benefits... with mixed results. The purpose of this article is to share some firsthand knowledge of the PA Unemployment System - from an employer's perspective.
Dear Senator Casey,
I am in receipt of your email dated January 8, 2021 regarding defending myself and the other 6.9 million Pennsylvania votors.
Dear Leader McConnell and Leader McCarthy,
As members of the Pennsylvania Senate, we believe in the integrity of the election process. After speaking with our colleagues, a majority of the State Senate is troubled by the many inconsistencies that happened in our Commonwealth during the 2020 election. Due to numerous unlawful violations taken by Pennsylvania Governor, Tom Wolf; Secretary of State, Kathy Boockvar; and the rogue State Supreme Court, the balance of power was taken from the State Legislature, who by the U.S. and PA Constitutions, set the time, place and manner of holding elections.
Act 77 of 2019 that was signed into law, provides the following clear provisions:
• All mail-in ballots must be received by 8:00 p.m. election night
• Officials at polling places must authenticate the signatures of voters
• County Election Boards may begin pre-canvassing of absentee and mail-in ballots after 8:00 a.m. on election day
• Poll watchers selected by candidates and political parties are permitted to observe the process of canvassing absentee and mail-in ballots.
• No provisions were made for drop boxes or "curing" of ballots
Seven weeks before the 2020 General Election the PA Supreme Court overstepped their bounds by ruling that:
• Mail-in ballots could be received and counted up to three days later
• Ballots mailed without a postmark would be counted
• Signatures on mail-in ballots would not need to be verified
Secretary of State, Kathy Boockvar also usurped legislative authority by:
• Allowing for a proliferation of unsecured drop boxes in key Democratic areas
• On the day before the election, encouraged some counties (not all) to notify party and candidate representatives of mail-in voters whose ballots contained disqualifying defects and allowing them to "cure" these defects
In addition to these inconsistencies, certified Republican poll watchers in Philadelphia were prohibited from overseeing the canvassing of ballots. After a court ordered these poll watchers to be allowed to observe, they were "corralled" so far from the canvassing of ballots, that they could not view the activities.
In addition to these inconsistencies, certified Republican poll watchers in Philadelphia were prohibited from overseeing the canvassing of ballots. After a court ordered these
poll watchers to be allowed to observe, they were "corralled" so far from the canvassing of ballots, that they could not view the activities.
Requests from legislators for independent investigations have been ignored by the administration.
Due to these inconsistent and questionable activities, we believe that PA election results should not have been certified by our Secretary of State.
Members, we ask for more time given the fact that the U.S. Supreme Court is to hear Trump vs. Boockvar in the coming days. We ask that you delay certification of the Electoral College to allow due process as we pursue election integrity in our Commonwealth.
Members of the PA Senate
cc: Republican US Senate Members
Republican US House Members
Move it along, folks, nothing to see here:
My closing statements from the Pennsylvania State hearing on election issues. https://t.co/QUrKsMhEsC— Senator Doug Mastriano (@SenMastriano) December 18, 2020
WATCH: @SenMastriano gives stirring opening statement.— Elizabeth Harrington (@LizRNC) November 25, 2020
“The republic is at stake. This is no game for us.
“There’s a group in this state and country willing to throw away our valuable and precious freedoms.
“We’re here to shed light on darkness.” pic.twitter.com/K5HEbTUFNA
I filed a "right to know" request after learning that a "deal had been struck" for Monroe County to purchase the bank / property from PNC.
Frustrated, I reached out to an attorney for help. This is what they told me:
Should the DOJ Watch Out for State & Local Orders That Infringe on Citizens’ Rights?
“Many policies that would be unthinkable in regular times have become commonplace in recent weeks, and we do not want to unduly interfere with the important efforts of state and local officials to protect the public. But the Constitution is not suspended in times of crisis. We must therefore be vigilant to ensure its protections are preserved, at the same time that the public is protected.”
- Mayer Amschel Rothschild (1744-1812), founder of the House of Rothschild.