Dear Leader McConnell and Leader McCarthy,
As members of the Pennsylvania Senate, we believe in the integrity of the election process. After speaking with our colleagues, a majority of the State Senate is troubled by the many inconsistencies that happened in our Commonwealth during the 2020 election. Due to numerous unlawful violations taken by Pennsylvania Governor, Tom Wolf; Secretary of State, Kathy Boockvar; and the rogue State Supreme Court, the balance of power was taken from the State Legislature, who by the U.S. and PA Constitutions, set the time, place and manner of holding elections.
Act 77 of 2019 that was signed into law, provides the following clear provisions:
• All mail-in ballots must be received by 8:00 p.m. election night
• Officials at polling places must authenticate the signatures of voters
• County Election Boards may begin pre-canvassing of absentee and mail-in ballots after 8:00 a.m. on election day
• Poll watchers selected by candidates and political parties are permitted to observe the process of canvassing absentee and mail-in ballots.
• No provisions were made for drop boxes or "curing" of ballots
Seven weeks before the 2020 General Election the PA Supreme Court overstepped their bounds by ruling that:
• Mail-in ballots could be received and counted up to three days later
• Ballots mailed without a postmark would be counted
• Signatures on mail-in ballots would not need to be verified
Secretary of State, Kathy Boockvar also usurped legislative authority by:
• Allowing for a proliferation of unsecured drop boxes in key Democratic areas
• On the day before the election, encouraged some counties (not all) to notify party and candidate representatives of mail-in voters whose ballots contained disqualifying defects and allowing them to "cure" these defects
In addition to these inconsistencies, certified Republican poll watchers in Philadelphia were prohibited from overseeing the canvassing of ballots. After a court ordered these poll watchers to be allowed to observe, they were "corralled" so far from the canvassing of ballots, that they could not view the activities.
In addition to these inconsistencies, certified Republican poll watchers in Philadelphia were prohibited from overseeing the canvassing of ballots. After a court ordered these
poll watchers to be allowed to observe, they were "corralled" so far from the canvassing of ballots, that they could not view the activities.
Requests from legislators for independent investigations have been ignored by the administration.
Due to these inconsistent and questionable activities, we believe that PA election results should not have been certified by our Secretary of State.
Members, we ask for more time given the fact that the U.S. Supreme Court is to hear Trump vs. Boockvar in the coming days. We ask that you delay certification of the Electoral College to allow due process as we pursue election integrity in our Commonwealth.
Members of the PA Senate
cc: Republican US Senate Members
Republican US House Members